When it comes to safety in the workplace, it starts from the ground up – this means purchasing quality work boots in New Port Richey. While there are a number of different boots to choose from, you need to be sure that you look for certain features when trying to find the right ones for your needs. Some of the features you should look for are highlighted here.
When you are in a factory or warehouse, there are often quite a few hazards present. Having the right type of protective toe is essential, but you should also ensure that you have selected the proper work boots in New Port Richey. There are three different types of protective toes for you to choose from which include: aluminum, composite and steel. Each of the toe options are rated by ASTM for protection. In most cases, workers will select the toe based on the type of work and environment.
- Steel Toes: This is the most popular option and offers the heaviest and most protective option.
- Aluminum Toes: This is a more lightweight option that still meets the necessary safety standards.
- Composite Toes: This is made of Kevlar, plastic or carbon fiber.
When you select work boots in New Port Richey that feature metatarsal guards, it will help to protect the underfoot and your toe area from any type of heave or falling object. This extra protection will also be beneficial for those who are in the welding industry, or if you are working in an environment where there are hot materials or falling embers.
The Soles of the Boot
There are quite a few durable types of materials that are on the market and used for the outsoles of boots that offer long-wearing benefits, while being protective and slip-resistant. While there are a number of industries that may have specific requirements regarding the materials used, having a basic understanding of the options that are available will help you select the right sole for your work boots in New Port Richey.
- Rubber Outsole: This is a common material used and is usually slip and oil resistant, and able to resist abrasion. It is idea for manufacturing or construction industries
- TPU Outsole: This is created from Thermo Poly Urethane and is chemical, oil and abrasion resistant.
- EVA Midsole: This part of the boot is designed to ensure that the weight is dispersed evenly and provide foot stability.
When you are selecting work boots in New Port Richey, be sure to use the information here to help you find the one that is right for your specific job and protection needs.
Be the first to like.