Important Documents and Evidence Needed for Wrongful Death Claims

If you have lost a loved one because of the negligence or carelessness of another person, then you may need to consider filing a wrongful death case against the party who is responsible. The laws that govern wrongful death claims allow a child, spouse or parent to file a lawsuit and provides them with the opportunity to recover psychological and financial damages that were incurred because of the death of a loved one. In most situations, hiring a Bolingbrook wrongful death lawyer is the best course of action, since they understand the law.

What can You Receive Compensation for in a Wrongful Death Claim?

Wrongful death is categorized under tort law. As a result, a plaintiff can expect to receive compensation for the following:

  • Pain and suffering
  • Any expenses related to the medical treatment of the deceased person’s injuries
  • Funeral arrangements and burial expenses
  • Loss of income or employment benefits

If you want the best possible chance of receiving the most compensation for the damages incurred, it is best to hire a Bolingbrook wrongful death lawyer. They understand the law and can provide quality representation for their client.

Documents Needed to Prove a Wrongful Death Case

When you hire a Bolingbrook wrongful death lawyer they are going to require you to gather certain evidence and documentation to prove the situation. Some of the items required include:

  • All related medical records
  • Police reports related to the incident (if applicable)
  • Death certificate
  • Proof of connection between the defendant and the victim

Each of these documents will play a vital role in successfully proving a wrongful death case. If the victim’s family is unsure how to acquire this information, their attorney can help them with the process. This will ensure that the individual filing the lawsuit has the best possible chance of recovering a fair amount of compensation.

To learn more about hiring a wrongful death attorney, visit the Mary Ann Covone, P.C. website.

Be the first to like.