If you have been considering boosting your confidence with breast implants, there are many options available. In fact, one of the first questions we answer for our clients is what are the types of breast implants. In our New York office, we use gummy bear breast implants – but there are other types to consider.
1. Saline Implants: These are filled with saline, or sterile salt water, and are FDA approved. Should they rupture or leak, the saline is not harmful to the body? These are uniform in shape, feel, and firmness.
2. Structured Saline Implants: These are similar to the saline implants, except they contain an inner structure that tries to mimic the feel of natural breasts.
3. Silicone: These are filled with a gel substance called silicone. They tend to feel a lot more natural and are FDA approved, but they do come at an additional cost. Yearly MRIs are needed to ensure they have not ruptured or sprung a leak.
4. Gummy Bear Implants: These are firmer and more structured silicone implants, that maintain a very natural shape, feel, and firmness. Even if a gummy bear implant is broken, the shape is maintained, and they give a specific bounce-back feel like a gummy bear, that mimics real breast tissue.
5. Round implants: These are implants that are shaped in a circle, rather than in a natural teardrop shape. They are meant to give the breast a full appearance. Because of the shape, you don’t have to worry about these rotating or moving at all.
6. Smooth Implants: Of the many types of breast implants we have in the surgical world today, these are the softest. However, they may also produce rippling under the skin in some cases, so they aren’t as frequently used. To know more, click here.
7. Textured Implants: Textured implants are meant to help reduce the chance that the implant will move around inside. They require that scar tissue is made to hold the implant in place.
There are always new types of breast implants being introduced, in New York and all over the world. What you choose will depend on many factors, such as the effect you want, your health, and more. To find out more about gummy bear breast implants, and how we can help you achieve your desired outcome, contact the office of Dr. Michael A. Fiorillo at 845-535-4349.
Be the first to like.