Mental health problems can have a devastating effect on someone’s life. Approximately one person in five is believed to suffer from some form of mental disorder, with 5% of the population affected so severely that it affects most areas of their lives. There are many different disorders, affecting someone’s personality, how they think and interact with others.
Some Common Mental Health Disorders
Some of the mental health disorders that might be treated by Mental Health Services in Wichita KS include:
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) causes someone to act impulsively and have difficulty remaining focused. ADHD is seen in adults as well as children.
• Anxiety or Panic Disorder is identified by panic attacks and fear that something bad is going to happen.
• Bipolar Disorder is characterized by manic phases of extreme activity and depressive phases of sadness and inactivity.
• Depression is a general term for a wide range of problems, defined by a lack of interest in daily activities, sadness, and moodiness.
• Schizophrenics have problems distinguishing what is real from what is imagined and may include paranoia.
What are the Symptoms of a Mental Health Disorder?
There are many symptoms, primarily emotional, although some may experience weight changes, fatigue, and problems with intimacy. Emotional symptoms cover a wide range, including:
• Persistent anxiety;
• Mood changes;
• Problems thinking clearly and remaining focused;
• Exaggerated feelings of self-importance;
• Lack of control.
Can Someone Diagnose Their Own Problem?
It’s very difficult for someone to be objective enough for an accurate diagnosis. Online tests are not adequate. Meeting personally with a qualified mental health professional is the best way to determine the problem and discuss a treatment plan.
How Can Counseling Help?
Counseling offers many benefits within a safe environment. A trained counselor provides guidance and emotional support, suggestions for new ways to solve problems and more effective coping strategies. A counselor can be very helpful with personal growth, family, and social relationships and dealing with the stresses of everyday life. A counselor’s training and years of experience provide a fresh perspective on the problem; he or she can recommend some possible solutions that have helped others.
Adult, Child and Family Counseling offers a wide range of Mental Health Services in Wichita KS. Licensed psychotherapists provide counseling to both children and adults, including family and marriage counseling, mental health counseling and career and individual counseling. If you are having problems, visit website to learn how they can help you.
Be the first to like.