A bright, beautiful smile is one of the most desirable traits that a person can have. Not only does the look of a person’s smile affect how they feel about themselves, but it can impact the impression they make on others. Unfortunately, bright smiles can be difficult to come by. After years of eating and drinking dark-colored foods and beverages, using tobacco, or taking certain prescription medications, it’s easy for people to find themselves with stained or yellow teeth. The common solution in these cases is to turn to teeth whitening treatments.
While many people purchase the over-the-counter version of these treatments in a kit from their local grocery store, these same people may find that opting to go the professional route is actually much better. Consider these three reasons why that is often the case:
1. Teeth whitening isn’t the best solution for every patient. If a patient has severe enamel loss or other dental problems, whitening can cause unnecessary pain and sensitivity. For others, the type of staining or yellowing they have simply won’t come off with whitening treatments. A
2. Cosmetic Dentist in San Bernardino
3. will be able to perform a thorough oral evaluation and let a patient know whether whitening is right for them and recommend appropriate alternative treatment if it’s not.
4. The trays that come with store-bought teeth whitening kits are created to fit as many smiles as possible. Unfortunately, this means that they cannot possibly fit every smile. The whitening trays that a patient receives at the dentist’s office will be custom-created just for them. Not only does this ensure greater comfort, but it results in better, more even whitening as well.
5. The whitening gel that a Cosmetic Dentist in San Bernardino will typically work better and faster than the whitening solution in a store-bought kit. Many times, patients may have to wait months to start seeing results after whitening with the kits they buy from grocery store shelves. Those who see a professional for tooth whitening can often expect to start seeing results within a few short weeks.
Everyone wants a brilliant smile. When patients find themselves with a dull one instead, their best bet is to seek professional help first. Get in touch with the professionals at West Covina Family Dentistry to learn more about the cosmetic restoration options that are available to help patients achieve their dream smile and regain the confidence they once had.
Be the first to like.