Why Hiring a Dog Bite Attorney in Bremerton Can Be a Good Idea

When a person suffers a dog bite, they need to hire a dog bite attorney in Bremerton who will take on their case on a contingency basis. They also need to find legal representation that will advance the necessary costs and work to obtain three to five times more money than the victim would be able to receive on their own. The fact is, these are serious injuries and without a quality attorney, the victim may find it impossible to recover from the bite they suffered.

There are quite a few other reasons to hire a dog bite attorney in Bremerton, but one of the primary ones is the fact that less than one percent of all dog bite victims receive compensation. It is estimated that 4.7 million people across the nation will be injured by some type of dog bite each year, but only about 16,000 victims are paid some type of compensation by insurance companies. This means that, without a lawyer, a person may not receive justice.

If a settlement is offered, the adjuster may only offer the victim about 10 to 20 percent of what they would offer the victim if they had hired a lawyer. The insurer will then keep the other 90 or 80 percent. Most lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means they don’t get paid unless the case is successful and will only take about 33 percent of the settlement.

The lawyer understands how to lawfully seek compensation without harassing the owner of the dog. They will ensure their client receives what they deserve from the responsible party’s insurance company rather than directly from the dog owners. This minimizes drama and other issues that can arise when a person attempts to handle this type of claim on their own.

When it comes to a dog bite, hiring an attorney is the best course of action. More information can be found by contacting the professionals from the Otto Law Offices. Take some time to get to know what legal rights are available to get the compensation deserved after suffering any type of dog bite or other personal injuries.

Be the first to like.

Shares