When you need skip hire in Watford it rarely takes more than a phone call and very quickly, the skip, in the size you ordered will be dropped off in your drive or in front of your house. When you hire a skip there are a number of issues which affect the price; the size of course in cubic yards, the length of time you will keep the skip at your location, the distance for your home to the skip hire location and the type of contents. General household rubbish can go directly to the local tip, but if the materials that you have placed in the skip are considered environmentally “unfriendly” they may have to be trucked to a recycling facility. If this is the case, the price will take this into account.
There are ways to reduce the cost of skip hire in Watford; here are a few of them:
1. Traditional skips are available in a host of different sizes, the smallest normally is two cubic yards and the largest is 12 cubic yards. Once this size is exhausted, the next step up is a roll on-roll off bin which can be as large as 40 yards. To save money, do not hire a skip any larger than you need, you are only paying for wasted space. Be sure you have enough waste and rubble before you call for the skip.
2. Find out what materials cannot go to the tip, if for example you have an old mattress or old electrical appliances which are not acceptable in the tip, see if you can donate them to an organization that can recycle the material. If you put them in the skip, they will have to be treated elsewhere at an additional cost.
3. Book for skip hire in Watford well in advance, the rates for forward bookings are often lower than last minute calls.
4. Keep the skip for the shortest possible time, most skip hire operators have a wait and load service which allows for almost instant turnaround. This is cheaper as the delivery truck is only making one trip.
5. If you don’t think you have enough waste, consider a neighbour arrangement where you both share the common skip and share the costs as well.
As you really have no idea how much things weigh, do not arrange skip hire in Watford where there is a weight limit.
Holywell skip hire in Watford provide a number of services including same day collection, drop and wait and hire periods of up to two weeks if necessary. Holywell Grab & Skip Hire can arrange the delivery and collection times to suit your schedule.
Be the first to like.