Getting new windows doesn’t have to mean dealing with a ton of trouble. Here are a few tips to help you get your new windows in place sans the stress and hassle:
- Check to make sure it’s not a poor fit. It can be simple enough mistake to miss a few details: not factoring in the space for insulation, not knowing what to get—a bigger door or a standard-size unit? With so many details to take care of, it’s easy to lose track of things. So it’s always better to check the figures you have. That way, you can easily fix the problems whenever they happen.
- Protect against window rot. Make sure there are enough layers around the perimeter of the window. Use sticky sheets. Pour in plenty of caulk. Add a few strips of metal flashing. With all these in place, you won’t have to worry about the rain and moisture coming through your windows and rotting them prematurely. Combining trim and housewrap might not do the job but these will, says This Old House.
- Clean the frame. Before you install a new window, make sure the surface is clean. Otherwise, dirt and dust could compromise your installation. Since dirt absorbs moisture, leaving the surface dirty can invite moisture and water into your frame and let it seep into your home while it rots the window wood to bits.
- Hire a pro. Window installation can be easy. However, if you haven’t got the proper tools, time or inclination to do this, then hire a pro to take care of it for you. You won’t have to worry about anything else. Book the service, wait and you’ll have your new vinyl windows in place in no time.
- Go with a reasonable rate. Don’t opt for the cheapest rates you can find. This could seriously compromise the results of the process. If you want quality, top notch service, you better be prepared to spend a few more.
- Follow installation instructions down to a tee. If you’re installing the windows on your own, then you know how important it is to follow instructions to the letter. So make sure you do. You could end up with a badly installed window or worse hurt yourself.
So know what you’re getting into when you choose to install those windows yourself. Want convenience more than the thought of saving on costs? Then hire a pro.
California Deluxe Windows offers window types and installation help. Call us today for more information on our services. You can like them on Facebook for more updates!
Be the first to like.